The OTH Regensburg can offer a wide range of dual cooperative study options as part of the hochschule dual[only available in German] initiative (the 'family' brand for dual study at universities of applied sciences in Bavaria) and in cooperation with a large number of businesses. agencies and institutions.
The range offers
- purely dual study courses which can only be studied dually. These are the integrated vocational training courses in Speech Therapy and Physiotherapy
- as well as regular study courses which can also be studied dually. Two models are available for this: Academic Studies & Apprenticeship, and Academic Studies & Intensive In-company Training (Anmerkung Claudia: für die beiden Modelle habe ich bereits eine Übersetzung).
- A combination of university study and on-the-job training in a company
- Two qualifications:
- Bachelor degree
- Final examination in a recognised occupation requiring formal training (Chamber of Commerce, Chamber of Trades etc.)
- Up to 30 months of practical experience
- Duration: approx. 4.5 years
- A combination of university study and intensive practical work in a company
- Bachelor degree
- Twice the amount of practice as a normal degree course
- Duration: approx. 3.5 years
- a full-status course of study at a university of applied sciences
- financial security – the training/internship is paid
- excellent job and career prospects
- regular, real-time application of their theoretical knowledge in their placement business
- full involvement in structures, procedures and projects
- a smooth transition to the world of work
- training of important key qualifications
Please also check this document.
- First, apply to the training establishment of your choice
If your preferred firm is not yet on our list it can enter into a cooperation agreement with us. Please get in contact with "Contact for businesses"
- Sign a Training contract with the firm
- Apply for a place to study at OTH Regensburg
Please add the contract with the firm already while applying.
With the Composite Study option it is advisable to apply for a university place before starting the preliminary placement. Refer to the Numerus Clausus Limit (NC)for your course Application.
Dual study is aimed at prospective students who are particularly performance-motivated and goal-oriented.
Entrance requirements for the Composite Study option:
- Abitur / Fachhochschulreife (qualification for entrance to universities of applied science) / fachgebundene Hochschulreife (subject-linked qualification for university entrance)
- Training contract
Entrance requirements for Study with In-depth Practice:
- Abitur / Fachhochschulreife / fachgebundene Hochschulreife (see above) or
'Meisterprüfung' (or equivalent vocational examination) or
subject-linked entrance for highly qualified employees
- Training/intern contract
- young, motivated skilled workers and manager
- qualified engineers and business graduates who speak the same language as your skilled workers and qualified office staff
- practically trained academics with a strong sense of loyalty
- No time and cost intensive induction and trainee programmes
- Suitable study options are chosen jointly with the students
- Close ties and good contacts with OTH Regensburg
- Contact the person responsible for dual study courses at OTH Regensburg
- Formalise the training partnership with the help of the Chamber of Commerce/Trades
- Create the conditions in the firm for providing places for trainees/interns
- Provide comprehensive quality of practical training
- Assign a mentor/contact person for the dual student in the firm
- Publicise vacant traineeships/internships
(with database entry and bulletins on the www.hochschule-dual.de website, flyers, placing job adverts, presence at fairs and exhibitions etc.)
- Select the applicants
(taking entrance requirements into consideration: see above)
- Agree and sign training/internship contracts with your chosen candidates
(Model contracts are available from hochschule dual and your local Chamber of Commerce/Trade)
- Once their contract is signed, your candidates will apply for a place at OTH Regensburg